Looking for a new home with lots of space and great views? You’ll be hard pressed to find a more suitable location than Squamish. There are many reasons why you might want to live in Squamish, but there are a few things to keep in mind as you start (or continue) your search for Squamish properties for sale. Here are 4 tips on Squamish properties for sale.
Understanding the Lure of Squamish
Squamish has plenty to recommend it as a place to live which is why it’s booming as a destination for homeowners. Some of the most obvious reasons it’s attractive are the stunning views, the natural beauty that pervades the entire region, and the proximity to other locations. Vancouver, for example, is only a scenic 45-minute drive away, while the slopes of Whistler are even closer at just 35 minutes.
The great outdoors in Squamish just calls for you to engage in all your favourite outdoor activities, whether you want to go mountain biking, or simply take a stroll to check out the sights. Chances are good that you’ll not want to spend much time indoors.
Squamish is more than just gorgeous scenery, however. You’ll find shopping, fine dining, excellent schools for your little ones, and much more, in a close-knit community that is ready to welcome you home.
Is Squamish Right for You?
Deciding where to live is a very personal decision. So, it’s more than understandable why anyone would want to live in Squamish but consider if it’s the best location for you. It very well could be but given the emphasis on the natural surroundings and related activities, those who have little to no interest in the outdoors may find that it is a pricey option considering they are not benefiting from something so integral to the location.
Of course, even if you are not one to engage in extensive outdoor recreation, there are still many activities that might appeal to you such as the Britannia Mine Museum, the Railway Museum of British Columbia, or visiting a local brewery.
So, to answer the question, Squamish is almost definitely right for you, with something to offer everyone.
What Factors Should You Consider When Choosing a Neighbourhood?
When moving to a new area, you will want to check out the different neighbourhoods to see what each one has to offer. Squamish has 5 neighbourhoods for your consideration:
- Brackendale is found in the northern region of Squamish, about 10 minutes from downtown. It is nestled in a valley with the Squamish River cutting a pathway through the area. This part of Squamish has beautiful homes and commercial businesses, including coffee houses, restaurants, and a few pubs. It is a great neighbourhood for walking, biking, and hiking.
- Garibaldi Highlands features streets lined with trees, and single-family homes with large yards. As the name suggests, the Garibaldi Highlands are located in the mountains overlooking Squamish. Bike paths and walking trails abound, and the Squamish Valley Golf Course is nearby, but you may be content staying home if yours is one of the many houses with a view of the ocean, Squamish Valley, and the picturesque mountains.
- Valleycliffe is the furthest south, making it the ideal neighbourhood for those commuting to Vancouver. While the opportunity to save time on the commute is a selling point, so, too, are the large family homes and wonderful views. Houses are a mix of old and new, but all equally inviting.
- Central Squamish is comprised of Tantalus, the Garibaldi Estates, the Brennan Park area, and the Northyards/ Dentville. This mix of residential and commercial properties offers townhomes and condos in proximity to shopping and numerous dining options.
- Downtown Squamish has grown rapidly over the years, and continues to develop, providing townhomes and condos for residents. This area offers many shops, coffee houses, and restaurants within walking distance.
Cost of Living in Squamish
Squamish is, admittedly, not the cheapest place to live. Fortunately, the median household income is $89,012, almost $10,000 higher than that of Vancouver. The cost of properties for sale balances well against what Squamish has to offer and the growing interest in living here means that now is the best time to buy a home as property will only be more in demand in the future.Squamish has something for virtually everyone from outdoor enthusiasts to homebodies. For more information about Squamish properties for sale, please contact us today.